Old October 30th 06, 01:25 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
MarkČ

Default Epson P-2000/P-5000 head-to-head test results:

David J. Littleboy wrote:
"MarkČ" mjmorgan(lowest even number wrote:

Rendering full-screen individual images:

RAW files (Canon 5D, 12.8MP files):

P-2000: 8 seconds (painful)
P-5000: 1.2 seconds (!!)

??? I don't understand what you are doing here. On my P2000,
displaying an image full screen takes minimal time (about 1 second).
???

If you're getting 5D images to render that quickly, then it is almost
assuredly due to having already viewed them once previously. RE-viewing
images (after the initial rendering view) will be decent on the 2000/4000,
but that's hardly a help when you want to quickly view newly-shot images in
the field.. I'm clicking on a newly-created thumbnail of a full-quality 5D
jpeg or RAW image for the *first* time.

My numbers are accurate, and very closely reflect the numbers claimed by
Epson (actually better than Epson's claims).

-Mark

www.pbase.com/markuson