Old June 4th 04, 05:21 PM
Gregory W Blank

Default Spots!

In article ,
Chris Loffredo wrote:

Hi,

I am plagued by spots on my B&W negatives: Many tiny spots which print
put as white. They are much smaller than dust spots (on 8x10 inch prints
they are about the size of pinpricks).
Some frames have none and some have them all over the place (though they
seem to group together and prefer the edges).

What can they be?

Išve tried different films, developers, stops, fixers and even wetting
agents with no difference.
The local water has excellent drinking qualities and AFAIK no weird
chemical or mineral content.

The final rinse/wetting agent bath is in distilled water.

Any ideas would be appreciated!

Chris

If the spots are dark its silver, maybe the problem is on the shutter curtain
of your camera. If your using 4x5 holders it could be that the black has abraided
and left small highly reflective areas that expose the film from the back side.
This has happened to me on occasion I use a sharpie on my holders from time to time
to recover the problem areas and make them black again.
--
Baltimore & DC Large Format User Website

http://members.verizon.net/~gregoryblank

For best results expand this window at least 6" at 1152 x 768 resolution