Old March 2nd 16, 06:20 PM posted to rec.photo.digital,alt.photography
PeterN[_6_]

Default Thoughts on SOOC

On 3/2/2016 1:14 PM, PeterN wrote:
On 3/1/2016 11:42 PM, Savageduck wrote:
Here are a few thoughts on 'Straight Out of Camera' or SOOC.
http://palleschultz.dk/?p=1096

Interesting article.
When I discuss that concept with someone from the f64 school, they
always revert to saying something like: "except for normal darkroom
adjustments." No one, has been able to give me a workable definition of
the term.
e.g. burning in is OK, but cloning makes some purists shudder.

Photographic Society of America, PSA, gives an express approval of the
use of filters. (except, of course, when specific divisional prohibit
such use.)
http://www.psa-photo.org/index.php?about-ethical-practices

If the Duck wants to set up an exposition where no visible noise is
permitted, I am fine with that. In this case, I wonder if the author had
some ax to grind.

I forgot to add:
How many monochrome shots are SOOB.

BTW: As an interesting experiment, for those who have the appropriate
equipment, set you viewfinder for BW, and shoot RAW. You just might get
some neat results.

--
PeterN