Old August 23rd 08, 09:08 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
Ofnuts

Default Panasonic FZ28 or FZ18 deleting photos

Alex Monro wrote:

Many people have reported problems with corrupted cards after using
a computer to delete images - why risk it?

Folk tales. It could have been true in the very early days of
photography, with bugs in the FAT handling in the camera firmware. I
can't believe recent cameras suffer from this.

I have myself performed several hundreds transfer sessions (and the
corresponding erasures) from my FZ8 and I have yet to see a card failure.

--
Bertrand