Old August 23rd 08, 08:56 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
Ofnuts

Default Panasonic FZ28 or FZ18 deleting photos

robert wrote:
Hi

Just got a FZ28 and find I cant delete photos from the PC using the USB
connection.
Just get "write protect" message (on PC).
The SD card I am using was formatted on the camera and is not write
protected.
The delete function on the camera works as does using a card reader.

Is this normal Panasonic FZ28/FZ18 operation ?

Thanks

Are you using the "picture transfer" mode ("printer" icon on the dial))
or the "mass storage" mode (any other icon)? As far as I remember in the
"picture transfer" mode picture erasure is indeed impossible (which I
see as a safety measure).

OTOH I use a card reader (much faster) so I don't really care.

--
Bertrand