Old August 22nd 08, 12:19 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
Alex Monro

Default Panasonic FZ28 or FZ18 deleting photos

robert wrote:

Thanks for the comments, I would normally use move rather than copy
and delete (unless I was being paranoid) but
move still leaves the pictures on the camera.

Deleting/removing pictures via the USB connection fails however
attempted ie windows explorer or 3rd party photo management programs.

I would strongly suggest that you NEVER delete images from the card
using the computer, rather copy all images to an empty folder on the
computer from where you can edit or delete bad ones. Then, after
verifying the copy, use Format on the camera to clear the card for
re-use.

Many people have reported problems with corrupted cards after using
a computer to delete images - why risk it?
--
Alex Monro
Exeter, UK