Old March 26th 08, 10:53 AM posted to aus.photo,rec.photo.equipment.35mm,alt.photography
Cryptopix

Default {PIC} Playing with Autopano and PTGui

On Mar 26, 6:26 pm, Doug Jewell wrote:
^Ebony-Temuchin^ wrote:
Do you realise who you are trying to get logic out of?

I love his "You have a contribution to make, that for sure" did he even
look at the picture? This guy just posts the same HDR crap over and over.
HDR doesn't below in a photography newsgroup. HDR is art not photography

How do you figure that? HDR is purely and simply a way of
trying to overcome the dynamic range limitations of digital
cameras. It's still photography, it just relies on a little
more post-production than in-camera jpeg. HDR is just the
modern equivalent of dodging and burning in the darkroom.

HDR in a seascape is piece of cake. Just shoot the skyline and below
as two different exposures (or develop one frame two ways) and blend
them together). No trickery that hasn't been done to death in a
darkroom. I did this with Cibachrome in the "good old days". Now if I
do it with a computer program it's all of a sudden some sort of black
magic? I don't think so.