Old March 26th 08, 06:05 AM posted to aus.photo,rec.photo.equipment.35mm,alt.photography
^Ebony-Temuchin^

Default {PIC} Playing with Autopano and PTGui

Atheist Chaplain wrote:
"Cryptopix" wrote in message
On Mar 26, 9:17 am, Father McKenzie wrote:
Got to the lake just as the sun was setting, this is an 8 picture pano
using Autopano.
I tried it with PTGui but couldn't get the opposite shoreline straight
and PTG was putting a stright line through the rippled down the bottom
below the buoy.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/silverm...12998/sizes/l/

--
Father McKenziehttp://www.flickr.com/photos/silvermoon/

It's rather pointless posting to ever group on the net. All you are
doing is attracting the attention of Chinese spammers. And what on
God's earth made you think you'd get more coverage? Do you want to be
lumped in with those Idiot American's who cross post just to make
trouble or gain attention and instead act as magnets for the chinese
spammers? Just look at how the ruined their own groups. The messages
are being cross posted here. Time to stop this stupid practice before
there's only you and the trolls left, mate.

You have a contribution to make, that for sure. Why not just do it in
Aus Photo where it belongs and avoid getting killfiled for cross
posting to more than 3 groups?

you have piqued my curiosity Douggie, how is crossposting "attracting the
attention of Chinese spammers"
what specifically causes a cross post to attract their attention ??
I would have thought that they just download a list of available news groups
and then set their little script to spam the lot, far cheaper (even at the
average slave labour rates the Chinese pay) than having someone looking for
cross posts and flagging them for "immediate Attention"

Do you realise who you are trying to get logic out of?

I love his "You have a contribution to make, that for sure" did he even
look at the picture? This guy just posts the same HDR crap over and over.
HDR doesn't below in a photography newsgroup. HDR is art not photography

--
"If someone had told me in 1989 that the BBS I started would eventually
become Usenet" - Douglas

http://groups.google.com.au/group/au...b383a7d3a33dc3