Old October 12th 06, 03:08 PM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm
Desdinova

Default {SI] Shoot-In - Fractal Comments

Mardon wrote:

SNIP
James Mondor
http://www.pbase.com/shootin/image/68336427
I like the film 'feel' and the grain in the dark areas of the
background but I'd like to see the foreground leaves be sharper.
The white and dark spots on the leaves are also distracting to my
eye. What would this have been like without the orange filter I
wonder? Any special reason for using it? I remember using a dark
red filter a lot for that dramatic looks with B/W film.

If it wasn't on, there wouldn't be as large of a difference in exposure
from light to dark nor would the leaves on the lower right be as
exposed as they had already turned their fall colour.
I had some almost similar images that came sharper:
http://tea.h1x.com:8080/usenet/hudson12%20web.jpg (server's a bit
pokey)
but I didn't like it as much as the one I submitted, which had a sort
of spiral flow which reminded me of fractals I had seen.

Thanks for the comments on mine and everyone's submissions.
Take care,
James