Old October 12th 06, 12:45 AM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm
Quercus

Default {SI] Shoot-In - Fractal Comments

Wow, man, you're being hard on me... Chrome was not chrome, natural
fractal is not fractal... snif :-(

I had the doubt with the chrome one, but I must disagree with this
fractal thing. The leaves are not made up of oblong patterns; I was
looking, in fact, the whole branch :-) If you pay attention the whole
set of leaves has an oblong form (sort of, at least), similar to the
oblong form that has each little branch on the sides of the main
"trunk", and similar itself to the shape of every single leave...
That's where I see the fractal, may be only in my eyes anyway...

About the green and blue... I know some people that think like your
mom, but I just don't see why blue and green are supposed to not going
together, they are everywhere in nature and they feel fine there.

I'm glad that you like the shadows and the lack of them, it was a risky
bet for me, as I was not sure if I liked that effect, or not. So I
chose to take the picture and decide later... And I'm still thinking
:-)

Thanks for your comments, I'll try to catch a no-doubt-one for the
timing mandate for you ;-)

-Quercus-

P.S: I'm pushing my limits with english in these comments, so I hope
I'm explaining myself in a correct way.

Mardon wrote:

Quercus
http://www.pbase.com/shootin/image/68336553
Common wisdom also says ferns are natural fractals but I don't
think this is a fern. I can't conceive of those oblong leaves being
made up of smaller oblong patterns, etc; no fractal, so 5 points
off. I really like the colours. My mother always said that blue
and green don't go together but I never did believe that saying.
The shadows on the lower leaves and the lack of shadows on the
upper ones, combined with the clouds make for a very nice image.