Old October 11th 06, 02:09 PM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm
Walter Banks

Default {SI] Shoot-In - Fractal Comments

Mardon wrote:

Walter Banks
http://www.pbase.com/shootin/image/68336535
Nice colours! Common wisdom is that tree branches are natural
fractals but I don't think that applies to leaves, so a 5 point
deduction. As already mentioned, the leaf colours are nice; I wish
the sky were a slightly darker blue. I'm glad the image is not
over sharpened. This is the sort of content that looks bad when
over sharpened.

Thanks for your comments. Looks like I should have waited a few weeks for the leaves to fall from the central maple tree tree in the image so the branches would have been more obvious. I would have missed the colour show.

I was looking for a central fractal theme surrounded by common diverse range of maple leaf sizes (not a fractal but close) and spectrum of colours, both consistent with the fractal theme to support the tree fractal. My Daddy was right stick to thirds or
they won't see it.

The image was cropped and re-sized not processed in any other way, softened by using an old Canon rebel film camera kit lens.

w..