Old January 13th 06, 03:26 AM posted to rec.photo.digital

Default panasonic fz30

Bolshoy Huy wrote:

I usually have it set to a five MP picture size. That way
you get almost a 20X optical zoom factor.

--that makes no sense. if you set to 3mp you get even more zoom.
if 420mm is the max, whats the point?

You are right. I must start to read my posts before sending. Page 34 of
the manual says:

8, 7, 5.5 MP res. Zoom = 12X

5, 4.5 MP res extended zoom = 15.3X

3, 2, 1, 2.5 MP res extended zoom = 19.1

This is all before the 4X digital zoom is even started.I haven't had any
need.for the 76.5X combined zoom (at 3 mp)

Neat camera and a perfect excuse to have SOMETHING with Leica written on
it sitting around the house....

mike