Old June 8th 06, 10:16 PM posted to rec.photo.digital

Default Please, why is sky washed out?

Celcius wrote:
Hi everyone!

Why is the sky washed out while my wife with a point and shoot gets blue
skys?
It seems to me the sky was quite blue when I took this photo:
http://celestart.com/images/publiques/15.jpg

Any ideas? Recommendations?

Thanks,

Marcel

While everyone is intent in pointing out the sky is overexposed, they
missed the point of the question, and I've thought the same thing
sometimes. I can point my old Canon Powershot P/S at a scene, and the
sky is blue and white shirts aren't overexposed, but my DSLR doesn't
seem to be able to capture the same range. Either the sky is blown
out, or the subject is dark.

Weird, huh.

oj