Old June 8th 06, 05:14 PM posted to rec.photo.digital

Default Please, why is sky washed out?

In article . com, "Pat" wrote:
I wasn't there, but the OP says "It seems to me the sky was quite blue
when I took this photo". Therefore, it seems more likely that it just
washed out from overexposure.

If its not saturated it always possible to darken.
Its not possible in many parts of the country to view, but its
some sight to see the blue sky in the morning, such as in the desert.
The deep blue is something else.
I tried to capture it on film, which kinda works, but I never have
taken the shot with a digital camera. Not a great scan.................

http://www.zekfrivolous.com/goldstone/sub/29.jpg

Looks better with the room lights off.
Near horizon, the light will be a more washed out during the day.

greg

King Sardon wrote:
On 7 Jun 2006 08:06:03 -0700, "Pat"
wrote:

The way to do that is to invest in a polarizing filter.
That will allow you to darken a sky like that (plus keep interesting
details in it) without underexposing the rest of the image. It will
also cut out most glare that you encounter.

A polarizing filter will help little with a hazy sky, and the picture
shows a hazy sky.

KS