Old June 8th 06, 04:27 PM posted to rec.photo.digital

Default Please, why is sky washed out?

King Sardon wrote:
On 8 Jun 2006 07:27:53 -0700, "Pat"
wrote:

I wasn't there, but the OP says "It seems to me the sky was quite blue
when I took this photo". Therefore, it seems more likely that it just
washed out from overexposure.

Look at the picture. What is the color of the sky? It is white. The OP
is wrong. We have photographic evidence.

The house and trees are in bright sun, therefore there is indeed blue
sky, but the sky behind the house and trees is hazy or cloudy.

Reshoot when the sky is not so white.

KS

King seems to be wrong. Washed sky is usually the result of open
aparture. According to EXIF it was shot at 7. Set the camera to
Aperture, set aperture to 16 or more, bracket from -2 to +2 and you'll
have at least one perfect picture in this lighting, RAW or JPG, filter
or no filter. If a PS camera can do it so can your XT.