Old January 7th 08, 08:45 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
Dennis Pogson

Default Film scanners anyone?

Paul Bartram wrote:
"Ali" wrote

I still use a film scanner. Put it on EBay, you maybe surprised.

I'm sure Ted intended to, and it would fetch enough to be worth the
effort. He and I have been email buddies for years, and I suggested
he post here but not to publicise an eBay auction, as it might lead
to a Spam complaint.

However, it looks like he and Tony Cooper might come to some
arrangement, and that is good to see - both parties win. RPD is good
like that!

Incidentally, Ted *gave* me his old Nikon LS1000 scanner some years
ago, and I have always been grateful for that. From memory, the
postage to Australia was around $35 US.

Paul

The replies tell you a lot.

There are literally thousands of photographers with slides and negatives
taken in the fifties and sixties who want to digitise them.

Put it on E-Bay, but not before you have used E-Bay to find out what such
devices are fetching, you will be pleasantly surprised! Some of the better
film scanners fetch over $1000.

Dennis.