Old June 2nd 04, 03:01 AM
Michael Scarpitti

Default Kodak Tri-x or Fuji Nepan 400?

David Kilpatrick wrote in message ...
whitewave wrote:

I have been using a lot of this film lately, and it seems to be very
good at just about everything. I like it better than Tri-X, HP5 Plus,
or Agfapan 400.

I know this question sounds strange: do you think it's the film I
want?

Neopan 400 is the FP4 of 400 speed emulsions. It's got that classic look
which prints well on G2-3 and has exactly the right edge to contours.
one of the nicest things about it is the very clear base, which reduces
printing times, and the tolerance it has to developer types and timing.
The usual comment about Neopan is that if you liked films in the 1970s,
and then found all the new formulations somehow removed their character
regardless of benefits, Neopan gives you back that feeling of using a
film which responds predictably and matches the response of papers easily.

DK

The more I use it, the more I like it. Try some! I suggest Paterson
Acutol 1+14 for 8 minutes @ 20C/68F.