Old April 12th 12, 01:47 AM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Trevor[_2_]

Default D7000 and a 40Mz3i.

On 2012-04-11 05:26 , David J. Littleboy wrote:
CC makes sense for digital. You want to use CC filters such that the the
_RAW_ RGB histograms are all roughly the same. In even slightly "warm"
tungsten lighting, your blue channel is so far down that you are going
to have find youeself with nasty noise in it unless you bring down the
red channel a lot.

True enough, although when using tungsten lighting, you usually want that
look. Rather counter productive to add a blue filter in that case. Not too
many times I want tungsten light to look like daylight or flash (why not use
flash in the first place?) But I guess some may.

I was going to bring up red channel - it's my worst enemy in the studio
when I use red gels on lights or when there is a red light in the scene.
Really needs a lot of attention to get right.

Once again the idea of adding red gels to the lights and a blue filter to
the lens seems rather counter productive. Would you have a reason for doing
that?
Even for stage lighting where red lights are often used, I rarely want to
make it look like daylight instead. If I do I use a flash where I can.

Trevor.