Old August 12th 04, 04:36 AM
Drifter

On Wed, 11 Aug 2004 22:46:00 -0400, "Dmanfish"
wrote:

I am swithching a dozen sports and portrait photographers from film to
digital. I shoot the Canon digital SLRs and enjoy the technology. Are there
any real reasons why to choose the 10d over the D70? What are the pros and
cons? The Nikon rep praises his hardware as does the Canon rep. Can any
users help me? I know they are not apple to apple - but thats why I need to
discover users experiences. Thanks in advance - please email responses to

You'll get all kinds of responses to this but the truth is that the
cameras are very close to each other and either (handled competently)
will give good results. I would think the deciding factor would be
what equipment (specifically lenses) you already have. If you have
compatible Canon lenses, go with Canon. If you have compatible Nikon
lenses, go with Nikon.

On the other hand if you are looking at equipment for a "sports
shooter" maybe you should really consider the Canon 1D MkII. It is a
real "machine gun" for rapid sequence photography, assuming you have
the budget of course.

Drifter
"I've been here, I've been there..."