Old November 13th 06, 07:55 AM posted to rec.photo.digital.point+shoot
dabhand

Default Advice needed: Anyone used a Panasonic FX50K?

I saw one of these at costco for $330 or such. Anyone with anything to
say about it who's actually used one? It has a Leica lens and they
make splendid binoculars so that's a good indication, right?
The package I saw has 7.2Mp and comes with 512MB memory, battery and
docking station charger, wires ect.
I'm just getting back into the hobby after about 20 years. My last
camera was an entry level Pentax K1000 SLR and I'm wondering if
someone can answer a few questions about the newer technology.
I have a laptop pc with usb, firewire and wifi and an HP Officejet
5610xi All-in-One printer.
1) Can you do B&W with a digital camera?
2) This is some kind of folded lens? Are there drawbacks to that
should concern anyone?
3) It sounds like it does macro, wide angle, medium and telephoto
lengths. Is this correct?
4) We used to have various lens filters for color and effects- this is
all done in post with some kind of software now, correct? Any comments
on how they compare?
5) Can you control the depth of field manually, to get a sharp focus
foreground and a diffuse background?
Here's the best no nonsense specs I could find but I'm not sure what
they all mean.
http://www.lyd-billed.dk/piz.asp?id=220&aID=8523
Thanks for your time.