Old August 24th 05, 02:14 AM
Sheldon

"Slack" wrote in message
Sheldon wrote:

I recently had some photos matted and framed for a show, and it ain't
cheap. When I wanted to make a gift for someone, without the high price,
I simply found a nice frame, printed the photo smaller than the frame, so
the excess photo paper around the edges looked like a matt, signed it,
and put it into the frame. In other words, you get an 8x10 frame, print
the photo about 5x7 in the center of an 8.5x11 sheet, and then trim the
sheet to 8x10. Or, get an 8.5 x 11 frame and you won't have to trim
anything.

Very inexpensive, but very nice, personal housewarming gift for anyone.
The trick is to use a nice premade frame, not a cheap piece of junk. And
using a matt finish paper will help, so the white around the edges of the
photo looks more like mattboard and isn't shiny.

Sheldon

It's not just a nice housewarming gift. One of my suppliers I deal at
work is an avid photographer. He mounted one of his own pictures and
custom painted a nice wood frame and gave it to me as a Christmas present.
After 8 Christmases, this is still my favorite gift.

Hopefully, one day, I'll be proficient enough to do the same.
--
Slack

Cool, and I'll bet your good enough now. Just concentrate on one subject
for awhile. I happen to live in a great location for sunsets, so I now have
a pretty large collection, and my skills just get better with a little help
from this group.