Old July 2nd 04, 06:04 PM
Lindyhop

Default Epson color controls, photo enhance, ICM - which one for accurate photo printing?

From: "Lindyhop" =20

=20
There are a number of color balancing=20
options in the print driver, i.e. Photo Enhance, ICM, Color Controls=20
(with gamma choices), and I wonder how to determine which one will =

give=20
me the most accurate results ... I've already made gamma and=20
temperature adjustments on the monitor with good results.

=20
If your monitor is already calibrated and you're printing from a =

decent
graphics program then use ICM. The other "controls" are for tweaking =

with the
image if you don't have a calibrated monitor or if you don't have a =

graphics
program.
=20
Bill

Thanks for the quick reply. When I select ICM does that refer to the =
Epson printer profile, i.e. EE163_1? (couldn't find out anything about =
this on the Epson website).