Old February 20th 06, 07:16 AM posted to rec.photo.digital

Default Scanning photos onto one's hard drive - why are the photos clearer than the scan

On Sun, 19 Feb 2006 14:31:49 -0800, Patrick Briggs
wrotc:

Does anybody understand why when one scans photos off an Epson 1200
Perfection (not accurate I think) scanner the results are slightly less
sharp than looking at the photo itself.

I'm scanning at 600 dpi and resizing the picture to 1100 x 700 pixels.
I import the picture into Adobe Acrobat 6.0

A 1100 pixels across the mointor!!
I assume it to be more or less 11 inch measured across, that makes
your photo viewing at the monitor at roughly 100 dpi only!!