Old January 11th 18, 09:29 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
android

Default cell phone video with wings?

On 2018-01-11 08:59:09 +0000, micky said:

In rec.photo.digital, on Sun, 7 Jan 2018 14:01:22 +0100, "Carlos E.R."

On 2018-01-06 21:04, micky wrote:
In rec.photo.digital, on Sat, 6 Jan 2018 09:43:34 +0000, David Taylor
wrote:

When I take images, I rotate my phone to landscape orientation,
something which seems beyond some people's capability! G

LOL I take maybe 95% in landscape, but especially when I'm close, I've
used portrait to get a whole sign or portrait etc. in the picture.

I found ways to rotate even the videos, and I'm showing my pictures for
the first time to 4 people tomorrow, but haven't had time to rotate
anything. So they'll have to turn their heads! or we can just skip to
the next picture. At least there won't be blurry wings.

Just use a program that rotates the video automatically - for instance, VLC.

I'll look into that. The other night, we didn't get to most of the
videos anyhow, none that needed rotating.

Autorotation in phone, while using it as a viewer can be a hoot!

It can also do it manually: Tools, Effects, Video Effects, Geometry
(rotate to any angle). But I tried it on a regular video and it crashed
(core dumped).

Off topic, on my trip last spring, I took 2 or 3 videos of videos (at
museums) and they came out amazingly well, fully as useful as the
original. I thought it would ge like video of a television screen,
which usually shows big black and white stripes. Is that only true for
CRT tvs?

A matter of scan speed and screen self persistence.

Uh huh.

--
teleportation kills