Old June 19th 09, 11:41 PM posted to rec.photo.equipment.large-format
David Nebenzahl

Default Found a squeeze bulb

On 6/19/2009 2:42 PM David Nebenzahl spake thus:

But the bigger problem isn't the bulb--it's the hose to connect the
bulb. I picked up a length of latex tubing ($3 a foot!!!) and a barb
fitting that gets me from the bulb into the hose. The problem is that
the hose is much too large for the shutter connection, so I'm still
looking for parts to do that. (Probably another barb fitting into a
smaller piece of rubber tubing.)

Done. Found an old length of fuel hose in my auto parts box. The auto
parts store down the street had the perfect fitting (1/4" x 1/8" barb).
The fuel hose fits right over the shutter nipple. Works like a charm.

On to the bigger project: finishing the back (5x7 back for what was a
5x8 camera). Then to fix up the old film holders. Then to get film ...

By the way, I finished a wooden tripod to go with the camera:
http://www.geocities.com/bonezphoto/WoodenTripod.html. It's a prototype,
but it came out much nicer than I'd hoped.