Old November 22nd 07, 07:28 PM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems,aus.photo,rec.photo.equipment.35mm
John Adams[_2_]

Default Panasonic FZ50 beats the DSLRs (again!)

Douglas wrote:

Perhaps ...but you would still have had to (noisily) lock up the mirror.
House rules forbid that. I get special exemption at (some) churches because
the FZ50 operates silently. I'm not sure if you can keep the mirror locked
up or have to reset it with each shot.

It stays locked up until you turn off the live view. I could lock it up
before I enter the church and keep it that way until I either leave or
the batteries go dead.