Old June 5th 07, 06:00 PM posted to rec.photo.digital.zlr
David J Taylor[_2_]

Default FZ-10 Batteries/Charger

Grumpy AuContraire wrote:
[]
I'm in Austin, Texas and bought the camera used about two or three
years ago. Shortly after purchasing the camera, I bought two
additional batteries on eBay. I've perhaps made a thousand exposures
since then and regularly rotated the batteries so that I would be
ready at a moment's notice. I doubt if any of the three batteries
were recharged more than ten times apiece.

About six months ago, I noticed that a couple of these batteries were
"swelling" and fitting becoming "snug." One of these is now "dead."

I like the camera but the proprietory batteries are a drag. My old
Olympus D-460 (which I still have) used the long life batteries that
lasted a couple of years. I hate having to recharge and keeping track
of the panasonic units.

JT

OK, JT, I can't recommend any US suppliers as I don't have any knowledge
of them.

If the batteries are near three years old, they may be coming to the end
of their life. The number of recharge times doesn't matter (as long as
it's less than about 300 - 500). I don't like the "swelling" - I would
send those back.

Batteries are a personal thing, but there's no way I would go back to
multiple AA cells rolling about all over the place when changing! I much
prefer the single-part Li-ion approach.

Cheers,
David