Old January 9th 07, 12:50 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
timeOday

Default Face Recognition - is it useful?

Bill Tuthill wrote:
There is a 15-30 minute Kodak advertisement on Youtube.com
currently going the rounds. I found it extremely boring
so I'm not going to dignify it with a URL.

One of the things the video touted was face recognition software.
Fuji has this in the F30 upgrade (can't remember model number)
so it must be in other digital cameras.

Has anybody seen, or can anyone offer, comparisons of portraits
with and without the feature enabled?

Sounds good to me. Faces are the subject of many a photo, so why not
set the focal length and exposure to get them right? (Is that what they
do?) I know how to use my manual controls, but I'm not above using auto
when it suffices.