Old June 11th 04, 10:42 AM
Dan Quinn

Default One Good Graded FB Paper for LITH

Tobias Begalke wrote

Dan,

give Fomabrom a try. JandC ought to have it. They would also have a
cheaper version of Fortezo (JandC Classic Museum Graded).

JandC does not carry Fomabrom. I think my Fortezo is OK. I added
some bromide to my homebrew print developer and the fogged Arista FB
Gr. 2 cleared right up second print through.

Tobias

Dan Quinn wrote:
I've been working with my Homebrew lith developer. I think the Fortezo
I've been testing with is old. It yellows some and the prints dry with
a just perceptible veil or haze.

I'll test some Arista FB GR2 this evening. Their RC looks good so far
but I only use RC for tests.

Graded paper allows me to work with a high level of room lighting. The
word 'darkroom' is not so correct.

I'll order some fresh 8x10 FB GR2 Fortezo but I should have at least
one other graded paper. By graded I mean those to include the few single
grade papers on the market. Which one other paper should I order? Dan