Old January 21st 19, 06:37 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
Commander Kinsey

Default Depth of field - two of them?

On Mon, 21 Jan 2019 16:48:13 -0000, Whisky-dave wrote:

On Monday, 21 January 2019 16:01:17 UTC, Commander Kinsey wrote:
On Mon, 21 Jan 2019 15:42:32 -0000, Whisky-dave wrote:

On Monday, 21 January 2019 15:24:38 UTC, Commander Kinsey wrote:
On Mon, 21 Jan 2019 15:13:51 -0000, Whisky-dave wrote:

On Monday, 21 January 2019 14:22:59 UTC, David B. wrote:
On 21/01/2019 14:05, Whisky-dave wrote:
On Monday, 21 January 2019 11:42:14 UTC, David B. wrote:
On 21/01/2019 10:47, Whisky-dave wrote:

On 2019-01-15 19:27, Jeff wrote:
"Commander Kinsey" wrote in
news
https://www.dropbox.com/s/ctqungbvve...field.jpg?dl=0
This is a snapshot of Startrek The Next Generation, Season 6, Episode
26. It appears to have two planes of focus, one centred on the right eye
of the man in the foreground, and one on the right side of the chest of
the man in the background. Two cameras with superimposing? Or some
effect put in afterwards?

Going by the still and not seeing the video I would assume the Borg is a
chromakeyed background since the lighting is quite different on them.

+1. Or not necessarily chromakeyed but simply separate video source
being merged into the principle scene.

This is really the silliest of silly threads... oh, wait, but close.

If someone is sillier than me I want to meet him.

Plenty on facebook.

Do *YOU* have a Facebook *persona*, Dave? [Error corrected!]

Yes.

So what did you think of the Stonehenge image?

I don't use FB while at work, due to cookies I don't want to see aads for the sort of things I buy at work, when I'm on FB I'm more likely be responding to music rather than electronic devices.

Ever heard of an adblocker? I saw zero adverts on facebook.

I don't mind seeing ads for things I buy or use at home infact I like the idea of seeing IR filters cameras etc... I just don't want to see ads at home for stuff I use at work.

Why would anyone want to see an ad for anything at all?

When there's a discount for one.Suppose yuo have an interest in formula 1 racing are you saying you wouldn;t want ads for discount tickets, special offers and news and infromation, same with bands , cars anything else.

If I'm looking for something, I want to buy it today, not when an ad happens to appear.

Everybody fastforwards ads on TV,

Then how the hell do you know when anything is on TV or what time.

The EPG or the TV Times.

and blocks them on the internet. If I want to buy something, I search for it, they shouldn't be searching for me.

they aren't.

They're telling me to buy something when I clearly don't want it.

Before Xmas I was looking to buy a 4 TB HD, looked on amazon seleted the one I wanted at £85 to find it was only availble at that price with amazon prime which I don't have. A day or so later an ad appeared for PCworld telling me that they had the same drive for exaclty the same price and I didn't need amazon prime all I needed to do was take a 10min walk to my nearest store.
I never really think of checking PCworld when buying anything let alone stuff for my mac.

Use Ebay, a wider selection of stuff at much lower prices than Amazon. I buy everything except food on Ebay.