Old January 21st 19, 06:19 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
Commander Kinsey

Default Depth of field - two of them?

On Mon, 21 Jan 2019 16:37:50 -0000, Whisky-dave wrote:

On Monday, 21 January 2019 15:59:55 UTC, Commander Kinsey wrote:
On Mon, 21 Jan 2019 15:39:12 -0000, Whisky-dave wrote:

On Monday, 21 January 2019 15:12:57 UTC, Commander Kinsey wrote:
On Mon, 21 Jan 2019 15:03:11 -0000, Whisky-dave wrote:

If I block friends of friends, and also friends, I'd see nothing. So what would be the point? Anyone I actually want to speak to, I email, phone, text, or visit in person. Why would I want to discuss things with friends where everyone can see them?

Although I only have ~80 friends on FB most I don't see anything from, but they can messege me or contact me in a group message or post, I don't see what they have for dinner as I have seleted not to see every post they make.
I think I only have 2 friends on FB that I haven't met in real life anyway.
If you know how to use FB it can be useful, but like any method of communication you should be able to control it and I can.

It just seems completely pointless to me. If you want to contact your friend, why not just email them? You can send them videos or photos that way quite easily, and even to more than one friend at a time.

But what if I want all the followers of a friends band to see the video I recordeed of them, I don;t have all their email address and there might be others that liike the band that are not my friends, I might not even like them but why should that stop them from watching the video ?

My Aunt is in several communities of 50 people. She simply has mailing lists in her email program.

and can those in the mailing list contact each other easily almost without thought ?

Just how difficult do you think it is to send an email?

But I do use youtube to store the video and FB to publicise it, and I don't want 100s of people knowing my email address and I don't want their email addresses.

Why would you want to show a video to people you don't like?

Why not, I'm pretty sure attenbough wouldn't like everyone that views what he does, it's sort of against the laws of probability.

Youtube can publicise a video without using FB.

And Hitler was a vegitarian does that make all vegatarians bad , don;t answer that ;-)

Maybe that's what made him think clearly.