Old September 22nd 11, 01:26 PM posted to alt.photography,rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
PeterN

Default A smart choice

On 9/21/2011 9:17 PM, Robert Coe wrote:
On Wed, 21 Sep 2011 20:21:03 -0400,
wrote:
: On 9/21/2011 7:16 PM, Robert Coe wrote:
: A co-worker's daughter is a high school senior. She's been taking photography
: courses and has become seriously interested. Her parents had promised her a
: trip to a destination of her choice as a graduation present, but she has now
: requested a Canon T3i instead! :^)
:
: Bob
:
: Sounds like a smart kid. The only thing she may lose is the picking of a
: destination.
: Are her parents taking the trip without her?

Dunno. Didn't think to ask. ;^)

Just for context, take a look at www.nicolasguevara.com. Guevara graduated
from that high school in the spring and is now a freshman photography major at
New York University. Note particularly his "Faces" gallery - pictures he took
of other students a couple of years ago. I haven't seen any of my colleague's
daughter's work, but I think it's fair to say that she has a tough act to
follow.

I see what you mean. He is not afraid to explore high key in areas where
it is not in fashion to do so. But creative young people are like that.

Fine art photography is a tough field. I wish those kids the best.

--
Peter