Old September 22nd 11, 06:58 AM posted to alt.photography,rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Paul in Houston TX

Default A smart choice

Robert Coe wrote:
On Wed, 21 Sep 2011 20:21:03 -0400, PeterN
wrote:
: On 9/21/2011 7:16 PM, Robert Coe wrote:
: A co-worker's daughter is a high school senior. She's been taking photography
: courses and has become seriously interested. Her parents had promised her a
: trip to a destination of her choice as a graduation present, but she has now
: requested a Canon T3i instead! :^)
:
: Bob
:
: Sounds like a smart kid. The only thing she may lose is the picking of a
: destination.
: Are her parents taking the trip without her?

Dunno. Didn't think to ask. ;^)

Just for context, take a look at www.nicolasguevara.com. Guevara graduated
from that high school in the spring and is now a freshman photography major at
New York University. Note particularly his "Faces" gallery - pictures he took
of other students a couple of years ago. I haven't seen any of my colleague's
daughter's work, but I think it's fair to say that she has a tough act to
follow.

Bob

Wow! Excellent. "Street People" especially so.