Old September 9th 12, 12:31 AM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems,rec.photo.digital
Eric Stevens

Default Corel announces PaintShop Pro X5 - DPReview

On Sat, 8 Sep 2012 08:45:42 -0400, "Mayayana"
wrote:

| IIRC You can download a trial.
|
| There is no point. I am not going to pay their exhorbitant price.
| --

How refreshing. Given the large number of MS Office and
PhotoShop/CS customers I know, I thought I must be the
only person in the world who sees something odd in a software
program that costs twice the price of the computer, despite
being sold in vast numbers.

I guess it's not really odd, though. It's just the skewing
that happens with software used commercially. They can
charge almost any price they like and most people who use
it for business will still buy it... Or rather, they'll tell their
boss that they can't work without it.

I suppose I should be grateful that my frying pan, my
power drill, and my pants are not all similarly priced on the
basis of how useful they are to me, rather than on the basis
of what they cost to produce. Otherwise I wouldn't be able
to get dressed in the morning, much less eat breakfast and
go to work.

I don't mind them asking me to pay what they think its worth to me.
The problem is that they seem to think it's worth twice as much to
most of the world as it is to residents of the US. I object to having
to pay (sometimes much) more that US$1000 when I know that if I lived
in the US I could buy it from Amazon for between US$500 and US$600. I
know they are ripping me off and I resent that.

Eric Stevens