Old May 10th 07, 05:40 PM posted to rec.photo.digital.zlr
measekite

Default Canon S5 announced

David J Taylor wrote:
measekite wrote:

If the S5 has better image quality I will have to forgo the features
I like on the FZ8 and they are a much better EVF, the grid option
for the EVF

What evidence is there that Canon have significantly changed the lens
since the S3? The Leica lenses on the Panasonics have been clearly better
in the past....

Cheers,
David

I have always believed that the Leica lenses are better. It is just
that all of the reviewers claim that the S3 had better image quality and
that noise is an issue on the FZ8. And since I want to do heavy
cropping and print letter size that issue looms larger for me. I really
like the speed, menu system, and now the EVF of the FZ8.

It remains to be seen if the facial recognition and other new features
of the S5 would be valuable for me. But image quality is the uppermost
criteria.