Old December 10th 08, 07:21 PM posted to rec.photo.digital,rec.photo.digital.slr-systems,aus.photo
C J Campbell

Default Nikon D3x buyers beware - D700x already in prototype

On 2008-12-10 11:15:14 -0800, "John Smith" said:

Come on: "Some people need the resolution"???? 99.9999% of the prints made
in the world are 11x14 and under. Just ask ANY film lab anywhere.

Read Ken Rockwell's astute article on the D3x.

Perhaps 1/100 of 1% of us ever print larger than 16x20. Who the **** needs
25mp for anything 11x14 and under???

I'm staying with my D3 and saving $5,000

Most photos are cropped -- some more, some less.

What with the stock photography companies demanding photos of this
resolution, the fine art photographers, and the current fad in wedding
and portrait photography for prints well over 16 x 20, there is plenty
of demand for the 1Ds Mk III and the D3X, not to mention digital backs
and medium format digital cameras.

--
Waddling Eagle
World Famous Flight Instructor