Old January 7th 08, 12:51 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
Frank ess

Default Good news for high volume data backup

PossumTrot wrote:
"Shawn Hirn" wrote in message

Hmm. You might be right, but considering that HD DVD has some
powerful supporters, don't knock it out yet. I also am not sure
optical disks would make good backup media only because writing to
them would be a heck of a lot slower than mechanical disk drives
or solid state devices.

I too assumed that the recent announcement that Warner had chosen
BluRay might mean the end of HD-DVD, but an article today says that
consumers have bought about 60% more HD-DVD machines than BluRay
(something like 500,000+ to 300,000+). One of the reasons for
those numbers may be that WalMart sells HD-DVD machines exclusively.

"For my part, my images are not worth backing up."

Who do you suppose said that? Or should have?

OT: Wasn't that long ago I saw a possum trotting. By the time I got
my camera, he was in a tree, hissing like a pointy-face cat.

My little companion animal, ET the Xoloitzquintli, did hold a skunk at
bay long enough that I could whip out my CP995:

http://farm1.static.flickr.com/28/48...258b7404_o.jpg

--
Frank ess