Old January 5th 08, 05:52 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
PossumTrot[_3_]

Default Good news for high volume data backup

"Shawn Hirn" wrote in message

Hmm. You might be right, but considering that HD DVD has some powerful
supporters, don't knock it out yet. I also am not sure optical disks
would make good backup media only because writing to them would be a
heck of a lot slower than mechanical disk drives or solid state devices.

I too assumed that the recent announcement that Warner had chosen BluRay
might mean the end of HD-DVD, but an article today says that consumers have
bought about 60% more HD-DVD machines than BluRay (something like 500,000+
to 300,000+). One of the reasons for those numbers may be that WalMart
sells HD-DVD machines exclusively.