Old September 24th 07, 06:34 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
BRH

Default HDR Newbie Questions

DigiCamUK wrote:
I've just discovered HDR !!

Looked but cannot find a definitive answer, what would be a recommended
range for bracketing, either auto, or manual, to achieve the best
results.

Both my digital cameras will only auto bracket maximum 1 stop, is a
greater difference recommended. If so, what ?

Also, 3 or 5 or more photo's, is there really a difference ?

You valuable experience is welcomed.

I've been playing with PhotoMatix HDR software, I have Photoshop 7 on my
iMac, not CS2/3, not really understanding layers, is it possible to at
least simulate HDR using layers ?

I can't help with your question, but I have an even more basic one --
What is HDR?