Old September 16th 07, 12:28 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
mirafiori

Default HDR Newbie Questions

a scene illuminates with bright sun light you intend to photograph may has
high dynamic range or simply means the brightness between highlight and
shadow with details are too wide apart for the camera sensors to record
faithfully. you will lost either the hightlight or shadow details depending
on the exposure. HDR help to solve this problem by you taking two or three
shots with different exposures of the same scene, i.e plus, normal, over and
the HDR will take the best parts of the different exposures to stitch them
into one good pix hence virtually recorded the full dynamic range of the
scene.

"DigiCamUK" wrote in message
alid...
I've just discovered HDR !!

Looked but cannot find a definitive answer, what would be a recommended
range for bracketing, either auto, or manual, to achieve the best
results.

Both my digital cameras will only auto bracket maximum 1 stop, is a
greater difference recommended. If so, what ?

Also, 3 or 5 or more photo's, is there really a difference ?

You valuable experience is welcomed.

I've been playing with PhotoMatix HDR software, I have Photoshop 7 on my
iMac, not CS2/3, not really understanding layers, is it possible to at
least simulate HDR using layers ?