Old September 13th 07, 02:32 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
Dave Cohen

Default Using 2GB SD-Card with 1GB capable Camera.

PCs Rule wrote:
"Dave Cohen" wrote in message
Bright Spark wrote:
"Dave Cohen" wrote in message
wrote:
Hi.

I've got a question. I've got a ricoh capilo r660 camera (
http://www.google.com/search?q=ricoh...&start=10&sa=N
)

and a 2GB SD card.

The specs on the camera say that it can handle SD cards up to 1GB. I
would like to know if I can use the 2GB card anyway, even if I'm only
able to store 1GB of pictures on the card and leave the rest unused.
(I've got the SD card here, but not the camera, so I can't try it out)

Any help is appreciated.

Regards,
Daniel

Will since you have both the card and the camera, why not put the card
in
the camera, see if it formats then take lots of shots. You'll then know
better than us and can report back.
Dave Cohen
Why not try reading his post again? He doesn't have the camera!!

Well, I read both posts again and noticed I made a typo in the first word.
I also see the phrase 'I've got a ricoh capilo r660 camera'. He also
informs us he has a 2gb card. What I don't see is an answer to his
question in your post.
Dave Cohen

Where's the answer in your post? At least he can read.

The answer was given. Put the bloody card in the camera. I would format
in same and shoot away. That much was implied in my first post. As
someone else later correctly noted, the results are not predictable.
Here is what to look for assuming the camera lets you get this far:
a) At what point does the camera indicate card is full
b) Once you have used 1gb, assuming you get that far, check pictures are
actually getting stored. If they are, verify early shots aren't being
overwritten.
If all goes well and the full 2gb gets used you are in business.
Anything less and I wouldn't continue to use it but at that point you
can make your own judgment.
Dave Cohen