Old December 30th 06, 12:43 AM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems,comp.periphs.scanners,misc.consumers,rec.photo.marketplace,alt.home.repair
Barry Watzman

Default Screwed by Canon Rebate

I totally disagree with your premis (that rebates are generally a scam
(there are some that are, but a small minority)), and as for your
"check", I almost never get an envelope at all, they are almost always
just postcards.

HeyBub wrote:
James wrote:
As has been adequately explained here before, rebates are by their
very nature a scam. There is no logical explanation for a rebate
program other than being a scam.

Here's further proof:

I got a rebate check sometime back. It came in a nondescript envelope via
"Bulk Mail" (now known as "Standard Mail").

I normally toss snail-mail-spam. Probably millions others do too. Evidently
the rebate company tried to take advantage of this social engineering
concept.