Old December 30th 06, 12:09 AM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems,comp.periphs.scanners,misc.consumers,rec.photo.marketplace,alt.home.repair
The Etobian

Default Screwed by Canon Rebate

On 29 Dec 2006 09:56:01 -0800, "-hh"
wrote:

It would appear that their excuse was because they were able to "lose"
your UPC since you didn't physically attach it.

I bought a Canon from a big-box store several years ago. Canon tried
to B.S. their way out of the rebate even though I stapled the UPC to
the form, and scanned what I did. After a year of complaining, I
finally got my $50 rebate. In rersponse to my complaints, they kept
asking for "new" things, like the front page of the printer manual,
"photocopy" of the printer driver CD, etc.

I also had cc.'d the big-box store. The week before I got my check
from Canon, the store offered to pay me $50 in cash, which I got when
I went to the store.

Did I cash the check? Hell, ya. I consider it payment for the time
Canon made me jump through hoops by falsely denying my rebate.