Old August 21st 06, 04:54 PM posted to alt.home.repair,alt.religion.scientology,alt.comp.freeware,rec.photo.digital,rec.food.cooking
F. H.

Default The South Park Scientology video

Al Klein wrote:
On Mon, 21 Aug 2006 09:18:56 -0500, NotX
wrote:

On Sun, 20 Aug 2006 23:22:47 -0400, Al Klein
wrote:
On Sun, 20 Aug 2006 19:44:17 -0400, Mike O'Connor
wrote:

You get the idea.

You mean the one about belief being a mental illness?

An infectious one, usually spread when the victim is below the age of
8 and does not have full immunity yet.

I think doing that should be labeled child abuse and treated
accordingly. We don't let people drive until they're old enough to
handle the situation. We don't let people handle dangerous weapons
until they're old enough to handle the situation. We shouldn't expose
people to dangerous ideas until they're old enough to handle the
situation.

John Bradshaw made that point back in the 80's this way: [paraphrase]
"giving children answers to questions they haven't asked is a form of
child abuse." He was referring specifically to religious "answers."