Old September 15th 13, 06:51 AM posted to rec.photo.digital,rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Sandman

Default Sharp thinking: Nikon creates selectable strength low-pass filter

In article , Me
wrote:

And since the general
consensus about an AA filter is that it's great for most shots except a
few instances, where it can pretty much ruin a picture. So to be able to
shot it off when making such a shot, that would be great!

I'd thought general consensus at the kind of pixel density that we have
now, is that having /no/ AA filter is great for most shots, except in a
few instances where not having an AA filter can pretty much ruin a
picture (alaising - more than colour moire which seems to be able to be
quite well controlled in raw conversion).

Yeah, reading what I wrote, I must have had my thinking backwards, or my
writing. I meant what you wrote. Sorry about that

--
Sandman[.net]