Old December 5th 12, 04:50 AM posted to rec.photo.digital,rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Trevor[_2_]

Default Sony tells DSLR shooters they're idiots

"Gary Eickmeier" wrote in message
I know what they mean by "non destructively" - that all of the edits are
saved in layers and can be undone at all times. But all I am saying is
that I do not edit on my JPGs and then save it back to the same JPG file I
started with - I save it as a new file, a TIFF, so that the original is
still there.

Right, so if you do see a benefit in non compressed files, why start with a
lossy compressed one at all?
It seems you would rather spend time arguing than learn how to use a RAW
workflow. A pretty silly choice IMO, but each to their own I guess.

Trevor.