Old December 26th 06, 09:31 PM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems,rec.photo.equipment.35mm,rec.photo.digital
William Graham

Default End of an Era

"Laurence Payne" lpayne1NOSPAM@dslDOTpipexDOTcom wrote in message
On Tue, 26 Dec 2006 13:57:15 GMT, Rebecca Ore
wrote:

The infrastructure of the US is auto-centric.

Yeah. It's going to come as an even bigger shock to you guys. But
you'll cope, as we all will have to.

Yes.....I don't see any real problems, myself......Getting rid of the
gas-guzzlers might be a traumatic experience for some, but I'm sure there
will be a number of other alternatives on the horizon. I see us as being
individually transportation orientated, but not necessarily gasoline
dependent as others seem to see us. When the gas runs out, we will just take
to electric vehicles or whatever we have to do. But crowding together into
busses or trains just isn't in the cards, and I just don't see that it
should have to be. We don't think that way, and our life style isn't
designed around that sort of thing. IOW, whatever they come up with, you can
be sure of one thing.....One person will be able to leave his house in it,
and drive it to wherever he wants to go without having to be dependent on
anyone else in order to go there. Whether it burns alcohol, or peanut
shells, or runs through storage batteries, or picks up energy from the road
or whatever, it will be a one man, one destination at a time vehicle.....Of
that, you can be sure.......