Old September 12th 06, 12:56 AM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm
joeyk49 via PhotoKB.com

Default Nikon D200 vs. D80

D200 v D80............... v Alpha100 ???

i REALLY wanted a D200...then Sony announced the Alpha, which has a CCD that
performs strangely like the Nikon's and works with my Maxxum lenses for 50%
less than the Nikon....

The D80 is just a refreshed D50...

The Alpha fits somewhere in between and outwardly looks to be a terrific buy..
then Canon upped the ante...

Its gonna be an interesting season...

I'm basically a film head... I have a little digi point and shoot but have
resisted buying an slr because of PRICE and mega-puke-cils. But the closer
they get to 16-20 mp and the farther they go under a grand, the more I'm
interested....

Doug Robbins wrote:
I think you're another airhead equipment junkie whose more interested in
buying cameras than in making photographs.

I suppose they are in different class targeting different customers.
However I look at the specs. and find the D80 is really catching up.

[quoted text clipped - 4 lines]

w.

--
Fixer scented Glade...
for those that just can't leave the darkroom...