Old October 9th 06, 06:28 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
Bill

Default Users of Both Canon and Nikon DSLR

"Bill Hilton" wrote in message
ps.com...

I know of several "big name" nature photographers who
switched from Nikon to Canon, usually taking a big loss to dump
their
Nikon gear. I don't know of a single Canon pro who dumped his
Canon
gear for Nikon, fwiw.

Some of the people you listed shoot with Nikon.

Jim Brandenberg (switched for the full frame sensor digital, may
have
switched back when Nikon brought out the D2x, not sure)

Switched back to Nikon.

Erwin and Peggy Bauer

Sadly both died two years ago - not applicable since they may or may
not have switched back in those couple of years.

Leonard Lee Rue Leonard Lee Rue Jr.

Not sure.

Tom Vezo (famous bird photographer)

Another who switched from Canon to Nikon.

Because I thought the poster was comparing Nikon to Canon and might
find it useful to learn that so many full time pros have dumped
Nikon
and bought Canon even though they take a financial bath to do so.
And
in the field I mentioned I don't know of a single pro who made the
reverse journey, selling Canon to buy Nikon. Perhaps the original
poster would find that of interest.

Not knowing anyone who has switched the other way doesn't mean
anything. That's like saying you haven't seen a squirrel fall out of a
tree so that must be proof that squirrels never fall.

:-)

Besides, while it might be of passing interest, unless full frame
sensor is required it's not really relevant. Nikon performs as well as
Canon, and vice-versa. To belittle either camera system for personal
bias is counter-productive, and does not help people entering the DSLR
market.