Old October 8th 06, 03:32 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
Bill Hilton

Default Users of Both Canon and Nikon DSLR

"Bill Hilton" wrote:

I know of several "big name" nature photographers who
switched from Nikon to Canon, usually taking a big loss to dump their
Nikon gear. I don't know of a single Canon pro who dumped his Canon
gear for Nikon, fwiw.

off the top of my head here are a few
of them who sold off their Nikon gear and bought Canon ...

Art Wolfe (switched partly for IS)
Jim Brandenberg (switched for the full frame sensor digital, may have
switched back when Nikon brought out the D2x, not sure)
Erwin and Peggy Bauer
Leonard Lee Rue
Leonard Lee Rue Jr.
Joe and Mary Ann McDonald (they had a long list of reasons for
switching, including faster AF and IS, I can probably find their list
if you need to see it)
Tom Vezo (famous bird photographer)
Ralph Lee Hopkins (switched for faster AF and IS)
Linde Waidhofer

From your earlier posts it looks like you're interested in the
mid-range lenses and bodies and in this range there's probably not as
much difference.

Bill

THO wrote:

Bill, your post doesn't in any way answer the OP's question.

Sorry that I didn't live up to this newsgroup's high standards ...

Why did you write it?

Because I thought the poster was comparing Nikon to Canon and might
find it useful to learn that so many full time pros have dumped Nikon
and bought Canon even though they take a financial bath to do so. And
in the field I mentioned I don't know of a single pro who made the
reverse journey, selling Canon to buy Nikon. Perhaps the original
poster would find that of interest.

As for his question about color rendition, bmog already answered it
eloquently ... it's not an issue for most of us if you are shooting
RAW.

Bill